Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nothing In Common But...

One of my favority things is to take two very different pieces of media and look at them for their similarties rather than their differences. This rather lazy moring the wife & I watched 'Anchorman' & 'Out of Africa'. You know what? They have nothing in common from an aesthetic standpoint. Tonally you couldn't find two American movies more different but they do have one big thing in common thematically. They are both female empowerment films. Strong woman who make it in a man's world and bend independent rather childish men to their will. Just an odd little thought for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.